I actually took the day off from running yesterday, which is rare for me. It was my second day without a run during the month of May, which I hate. However, I’d stayed up until 2am the two nights prior, and exhausted doesn’t even explain how I felt when I got up yesterday morning with only a little over 4 hours sleep for the second day in a row. Not fun. So I planned on a nap after school so that I would be well rested going into my students’ exams (which started today). I slept from 5:30 until almost 8:00, and it was glorious.
That brings us to today’s workout, which I expected to be awesome, but ended up being sort of crappy.
WHY IT WAS AWESOME:
– I had a day’s rest yesterday, so I was less fatigued than on my last workout (Monday) when I was running on very little sleep.
– I got my new armband for my Zune in the mail yesterday. My Ipod armband is almost 4 years old and constantly falls off my arm, so I really needed a new one. The Zune holds more music, which is great, and I got to listen to my new workout playlist today.
– I wore my very favorite outfit: my pink Nike dri-fit tee and Nike dri-fit running capris.
– I have a spibelt now, which allows me to carry my keys and phone without having to hold them in my sweaty running hands.
WHY IT ACTUALLY KIND OF SUCKED:
-I live in Georgia. It is so, so ungodly hot here, y’all. 95 degrees when I left the house to run today. Yuck. I think I was sweating before I even made it a quarter of a mile.
– Because it is “sort of” summer and the kids around here have a half day and no homework, there were kids all over the neighborhood sidewalks on their bikes/scooters/skateboards and in my way. I kept having to cross the road.
– Eventually I could not take the heat and decided to go to the gym, where the AC was out. So it was actually just as hot in the gym.
– In all, I did 3.1 miles in the gym and about 1.5 miles outside. Lame, when my plan was to do 6.2 today.
– My spibelt and armband are red and black. My earbuds and shirt (and the details on my running shoes) are pink. This mismatching means that every time I wear my favorite outfit on a run I will clash. I know this doesn’t matter, but it was just annoying.
What makes a workout or run especially good or bad for you?